mud bath 泥浴
steam / vapor bath 蒸汽浴
shower bath 淋浴
sand bath 沙浴
spa bathing 矿泉浴
acid bath 酸浴
succession bath 冷热交替浴
hot-spring bath 温泉浴
skinny-dipping 裸体游泳
turkish hath 土耳其浴,蒸汽浴(沐浴者通过几个温度逐渐升高的蒸汽室进行擦拭、按摩,然后再进行冷水淋浴。)
sauna 桑拿浴(也叫芬兰式蒸汽浴,是一种在将水浇到加热过的石块上产生的蒸汽中的沐浴。)
忙里偷闲去按摩
dialogue
jane's colleague sarah is suffering from the shoulder periarthritis. jane puts forward a suggestion that sarah may try the shoulder massage.
简的同事莎拉得了肩周炎。简提议莎拉可以试试肩部按摩。
sarah: oh, i've got a pain in my shoulders.
莎拉:噢,肩膀好疼啊。
jane: you'd better have a break. sitting most of the day at a computer is not good for your health.
简:你最好歇一歇。在电脑前久坐对身体不好。
sarah: i saw my doctor last week, and she said that i was suffering from the shoulder periarthritis.
莎拉:我上个星期去看医生了,她说我得了肩周炎。
jane: oh, sorry to hear that. i think not only you but also all of the office workers should pay more attention to the health.
简:哦,很抱歉听到这个。我想不止是你,所有的上班族都应该注意健康。
sarah: yes, i have aches in my shoulders and feel dizzy and sick after a busy day.
莎拉:是啊,一天紧张的工作下来我的肩膀酸痛,头也晕,还恶心。
jane: me too. i've heard that the massage can relieve pain of the affected muscles, and improve blood circulation.
简:我也是。我听说按摩可以减轻受损部位肌肉疼痛,改善血液循环。
sarah: does it work?
莎拉:按摩有用吗?
jane: yes, of course. i had a massage last saturday. it's quite comfortable. a masseuse said that we should maintain a comfortable sitting position. and when reading and writing we should avoid long time sitting in one position.
简:当然有用。我上周六做了个按摩,很舒服。按摩师说我们要有个舒适的坐姿,读写的时候不能长时间保持不动。
sarah: that's right. i am anxious to try the massage, but i don't have enough time. i feel weary after work and can hardly move a little.
莎拉:对啊。我很想试试按摩,但是我没有时间啊。下班后我累极了,一点也不能动了。
jane: we can try and find time to do it.
简:我们可以挤时间去啊。
notes
1. periarthritis [periɑ:'θraitis] n. 关节周炎
2. dizzy ['dizi] adj. 晕眩的;(速度)极快的;困惑的;v. 使晕眩,使困惑
3. circulation [?s?:kju'lei??n] n. 流通,循环;发行量;消息传播
4. masseuse [m?'s?:z] n. 女按摩师
5. weary ['wi?ri] adj. 疲倦的;厌烦的;v. 疲倦;厌烦,生厌
小贴士
how to do hand massage by yourself?
in order to stimulate hand blood circulation, rub your palm over the back of the hand and then repeat with the other hand. this movement is quite similar to wash your hands and it does not only stimulate blood circulation, it also warms the hands. besides, before you go to bed, lavish vaseline on the hands and then put on a pair of cotton gloves. your hands will be incredibly soft and delicate by morning.
怎么自己做手部按摩?
用手掌来回互相摩擦另一只手的手背,这样可以促进血液循环。这个动作和洗手很相像,它不仅能促进血液循环,还能温暖你的双手。而且,在睡觉之前,在手上涂上厚厚的凡士林,然后戴上棉手套。早上起来,你就会发现双手变得非常柔软和娇嫩。
将美容进行到底
dialogue
it's friday today. the work of this week has finally been done. julie and maggie are putting things in order before leaving the offic.
今天是星期五。一周的工作终于结束了。在离开办公室前朱莉和麦琪正在收拾东西。
julie: the weekend is finally coming. i'm going to the beauty parlor. do you want to come together, maggie?
朱莉:终于等到周末了。我想要去美容院,要一起去吗,麦琪?
maggie: of course. let's go.
麦琪:当然。我们走吧。
(in a beauty parlor)
(在一家美容院)
beautician: good evening, ladies. what can i do for you?
美容师:晚上好,女士们。请问有什么可以为你们效劳的?
julie: good evening. i'd like a facial. this is my membership card.
朱莉:晚上好。我想做个脸部美容。这是我的会员卡。
beautician: what would you like it?
美容师:您需要怎样的呢?
julie: have a mud pack on my face and a facial massage first. trim my eyebrows and curl my eyelashes.
朱莉:先来个泥敷面膜和面部按摩。把眉毛修一下,把睫毛烫卷曲。
beautician: i will. do you want a make-up?
美容师:好的。您需要化妆吗?
julie: i don't think so. i just want to help with my complexion.
朱莉:我想不用了。我只想改善面部皮肤。
beautician: ok! how about a manicure? we also provide manicure service.
美容师:好的。要不要修指甲呢?我们也提供修指甲服务。
julie: do it, please, and use a transparent nail varnish.
朱莉:好吧,请用透明指甲油擦一下。
beautician: i will.
美容师:好的。
notes
1. beauty parlor 美容院
2. facial ['fei??l] adj. 脸部的,面部的;n. 美容
3. membership card 会员卡
4. mud pack 脸部泥浴
5. eyelash ['ail??] n. 睫毛
6. curler ['k?:l?] n. 卷发夹;卷发的人
7. complexion [k?m'plek??n] n. 肤色,面色;体质;特性;
8. manicure ['m?ni?kju?] n. 修指甲;修指甲的人;v. 修指甲;修剪
9. transparent [tr?ns'per?nt] adj. 透明的;明显的,清晰的
10. varnish ['vɑ:ni?] n. 油漆;掩饰;光泽面;指甲油;v. 粉饰,涂油漆于;使光亮
小贴士
警惕!避开美容的8大误区:
1. for best results you should stick to one product line.
为了达到最佳效果,你应坚持使用同一系列的产品。
2. everyone needs moisturizer.
人人都需要润肤霜。
3. expensive products are better because the ingredients are better.
贵的产品更好,因为成分更好。
4. frequent trimmings can make hair grow faster.
经常修剪头发会使其长得更快。
5. shaving makes hair grow back darker and thicker.
刮除毛发会令其长得更黑更稠密。
6. you can get rid of cellulite.
你可以摆脱脂肪团。
7. it can be too late to start slapping on sunscreen.
想要开始涂防晒霜时可能为时已晚。
8. soap is bad for your skin.
香皂对皮肤有害。