04 人事管理
这次为什么迟到
dialogue
judy is late for work this morning. she has to give her executive bob an explanation about it.
朱蒂今天早上迟到了,她不得不向主管鲍勃解释原因。
bob: what made you so late, judy? you have been late for 40 minutes.
鲍勃:朱蒂,你怎么来这么晚?你迟到了40分钟。
judy: i am sorry for being late this morning,bob.
朱蒂:很抱歉我今天迟到了,鲍勃。
bob: judy, that's the second time this week,isn't it?
鲍勃:朱蒂,这是你这星期第二次迟到,是吧?
judy: yes. last time my bus was late. and this time the bus comes on the minute, but i hit rush hour traffic.
朱蒂:是的。上次是公共汽车晚点了,这次按时到了,但我遇到了交通高峰期。
bob: you always have a perfect excuse for your late. is it possible for you to take an earlier bus?
鲍勃:你迟到总会有很完美的借口。你能乘早一点的班车吗?
judy: i think so. i'm going to do that tomorrow.
朱蒂:可以,我打算明天就那样做。
bob: i am expecting for your good presentation.
鲍勃:我很期待你的良好表现。
judy: all right.
朱蒂:好的。
notes
1. on the minute 准时
2. rush hour traffi 交通高峰
小贴士
几乎每个上班族都有过迟到的经历,据俄罗斯报刊上发表的一项最新社会调查结果显示,13%的上班族每周至少迟到一次,24%的人会每月迟到一次。然而真实的迟到原因要么有些尴尬,要么微不足道。于是,大部分迟到者都会为自己找一个自认为最佳的理由。以下是一些很热门的迟到借口:
1. i got stuck in traffic.
我路上堵车了。
2. i know it might sound lame, but my alarm clock somehow didn't go off this morning.
我知道那可能听起来有点蹩脚,但我的闹钟今天早上不知道怎么搞的没有响。
3. sorry, i overslept this morning.
对不起,我今天早上睡过头了。
4. sorry, i didn't catch the bus.
对不起,我没赶上公共汽车。
5. i was working too late last night so that i couldn't get up on time.
我昨天工作太晚以至于今早没及时起床。
6. i lost my key of my car.
我把车钥匙弄丢了。
7. my car broke down.
我的车抛锚了。
请假休息规矩多
dialogue
rudy wants to take a month's leave in january to visit his parents in china. he is discussing with the personnel manager ted about his leave.
鲁迪想在一月份休假一个月去探望在中国的父母。他正同人事部经理特德讨论他的休假。
rudy: morning, ted.
鲁迪:早上好,特德。
ted: hi, rudy. what can i do for you?
特德:你好,鲁迪。有什么事吗?
rudy: i'd like to talk to you about my vacation.
鲁迪:我想同你谈谈我的假期。
ted: ok, go ahead and tell me what you want.
特德:好的。说吧,告诉我你有什么要求。
rudy: well, i'm planning to have a month's leave in january and i want to use my threeweek vacation days for this year.
鲁迪:我计划在一月份休假一个月,而且我想用我今年的3个星期的休假日。
ted: so long? go on holiday for a rest?
特德:那么长?是要度假休息吗?
rudy: no, i want to go to see my parents in china.
鲁迪:不,我想去探望在中国的父母。
ted: good idea. but it also happened that henry wanted to get away in january too. and you can't be away at the same time as henry.
特德:好主意。不过碰巧亨利也在一月休假,而你不能和亨利同时休假。
rudy: why can't we both take a holiday when we want?
鲁迪:为什么我们不能想去休假的时候都去呢?
ted: because there must be someone to keep the work going.
特德:因为需要有人把工作进行下去。
rudy: i see, but i have a good reason for choosing january.
鲁迪:我知道,但我选一月份休假是有原因的。
ted: what's that?
特德:什么原因?
rudy: because in china we celebrate the spring festival in january this year, and it's our tradition to have family gatherings.
鲁迪:因为在中国我们在一月份庆祝春节,而且春节期间全家团聚是我们的传统。
ted: okay, i'll do my best to meet your request.
特德:好的,我会尽量满足你的要求。
rudy: that's very kind of you, ted. thank you very much.
鲁迪:你真是太好了,特德。非常感谢。
ted: you are welcome.
特德:不客气。
notes
1. get away 逃脱;离开
2. gathering ['g?e?ri?] n. 集会,聚集;捐赠(款)
小贴士
1. i'd like to take this afternoon off if it's all right with you.
我今天下午想请假,可以吗?
2. i really need to see a doctor this morning because i have a headache and i can't concentrate on my work.
我今天上午必须去看医生,我头痛而且不能专心工作。
3. would it be possible for me to take twodays off?
我可以休两天假吗?
4. all right, but don't forget to bring a doctor's note in tomorrow.
好吧,但是记着明天把医生开的证明拿来。
5. i've been busy with work for a long time and need a rest.
我很长一段时间都在忙工作,我需要休息。
6. would you please take your vacation after we finish the project?
你可以忙完这个工程之后再休假吗?
7. i can't make it to work today. i've got the flu.
我今天不能来上班了,我得了流感。
8. i want to have a three-week leave this month to prepare for my wedding.
我想这个月请3星期假筹办婚礼。
升职加薪看我的
dialogue
king has worked in the company for over eight years. he wants to talk with the manager about a pay raise.
金在一家公司已经上班8年多了,他想和经理谈谈加薪的事。
king: excuse me, manager. may i have a word with you?
金:打扰了,经理。我能和你谈谈吗?